Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an eight-hour training program designed to identify the risk factors associated with mental health and substance use concerns.
Mental Health First Aid is the first type of assistance offered to an individual developing mental health concerns.
- Help participants develop pre- and crisis intervention strategies.
- Educate on the warning signs for mental health or substance use concerns.
- Build understanding of the impact mental illness has on individuals and families.
- Depression and mood disorder
- Anxiety disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Substance use disorders
- First responders
- Faith-based organizations
- Civic centers
- Local governments and municipalities
- Corporations and local businesses
- Health and wellness organizations