What Mental Health America Stands For
Our message is simple: Good mental health is fundamental to the health and well-being of every person and of the nation as a whole.
Our agenda is clear.
- We want all people to understand how to protect and improve their mental health, and know when to seek help for themselves or someone close to them.
- We want our nation’s schools, businesses, healthcare system and other settings to have the knowledge and resources they need to respond to the mental health of their constituencies and achieve their missions.
- We want all Americans to have access to high quality, affordable and personalized preventative, early-identification and treatment services, when and if the need arises.
- We want persons with disabling mental illnesses to receive the support, treatment and services that they need to recover and live full lives in their communities.
- We want more research and services focused on prevention, recovery and cures.
The Mental Health Association of Monmouth County will advance its mission by:
- Educating the public about ways to preserve and strengthen its mental health
- Fighting for access to effective care and an end to discrimination against people with mental and addictive disorders
- Fostering innovation in research, practice, services and policy
- Providing support to all the individuals and families living with mental health and substance use problems in the greater Monmouth County communities